Gislingham Playgroup Mission Statement
Our Playgroup is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff members and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our playgroup aims to:
● Provide a happy, safe, secure, warm and stimulating environment for all children, where learning takes place.
● To nurture self-confidence and self-esteem and encourage independence.
● To help al children make the transition from home to playgroup/preschool.
● Promote a positive relationship with parents/carers and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
● To provide an environment where equal opportunities for all takes place
● To provide the children access to the early Years Foundation Stage and assess their development on a regular basis.
Our playgroup is committed to meeting the needs of parents and careers by:
● Listening and responding to their views and concerns, to provide continuity of care through liaison with parents/carers.
● Keeping them informed of our policies and procedures, including opening times, fees,charges and programmes of activities.
● Sharing and discussing their child’s development at any time.
Our playgroup is committed to providing:
● A rich play environment, where children can explore and experiment without fear of failure.
● To ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of every child socially, intellectually, emotionally and physically.
● Access to a variety of facilities and equipment under safe and supervised conditions.
● A staff team that is experienced, well trained and properly supported.
● Services that meet the conditions of the Children’s Act 1989 and all other relevant childcare legislation, wherever they apply.